Business Transactions and Litigation
At Hiroshima, Lewis & Daggett, A Law Corporation, we consistently attain superior results for our business clients by providing the knowledge and resourcefulness often expected of larger firms with the individualized, personal attentiveness that only a smaller firm can provide. Having these attributes has allowed our firm to develop long-term relationships with a diverse array of satisfied clients, which includes being general counsel to large organizations, including colleges, religious entities and non-profits.
We have expertise in the following types of business transactional matters:
- Business entity formation, including corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), limited and general partnerships, and limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- Employment-related consulting
- International business consulting
- Non-profit/religious entities consulting
- Purchases and sales of businesses
- Dissolution of businesses
- Drafting and reviewing business contracts and agreements
If you are planning to start your own business, it is important to keep in mind that there are numerous important considerations and decisions that must be made before you start a business. To avoid the pitfalls of not having sound legal advice before starting such a major endeavor, you should consult an experienced business lawyer to assist you. A business lawyer will advise you of the advantages and disadvantages of each business entity model, including tax and legal liability considerations, and will assist you in completing and filing the documents required to form your business.
We have extensive experience in the area of employment-related consulting, advising employers of their rights and responsibilities under state and federal law. We advise clients on an array of employment law matters, including but not limited to employment contracts, wrongful termination claims, claims of harassment or discrimination, wage and overtime issues and severance agreements. We also advise clients on claims arising under the California Family Rights Act or federal Family Medical Leave Act.
Hiroshima, Lewis & Daggett also represents clients in a wide array of business litigation disputes, including the following:
- Insurance defense litigation
- Employment litigation
- Professional negligence/malpractice
- Breach of contract disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial lease disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Disputes concerning company management and direction
If you are seeking an attorney with extensive knowledge and experience in business transactions and litigation, contact Hiroshima, Lewis & Daggett today for assistance.